Make your own esppresso's at home with this classic stove top coffee maker from Pezzetti. Pezzetti was founded in the 40's by Ezio Pezzetti and are still made today in the same design. They are a classic timeless design.
- Body made from top quality aluminium alloy
- Made in Italy
- Stay-in-cool Bakelite handle and knob
- Safety Valve
- Multi cooktop compatible
- Ergonomically designed
- Hand wash in warm water only
- Care and use Instructions included
- 1 cup = approx. 60ml of espresso coffee
How to make the perfect espresso.
Fill the boiler (marked A in the diagram) with water almost up to the safety release valve and insert the funnel-shaped metal filter (B). Add finely-ground coffee to the filter as shown below. Tightly screw the upper part (C, which has a second metal filter at the bottom) onto the base. Place the pot on a suitable heat source, bring the water to its boiling point, and thereby create steam in the boiler.
A gasket ensures a tightly closed unit and allows for pressure to safely build up in the lower section, where a safety valve provides a necessary release in case this pressure should get too high (with clean filters, that should not happen). For best results, fill up the entire filter with coffee and place over medium to medium-high heat.
The steam eventually reaches a high enough pressure to gradually force the surrounding boiling water up the funnel through the coffee powder and into the upper chamber (C), where the coffee is collected. When the lower chamber is almost empty, steam bubbles mix with the upstreaming water, producing a characteristic gurgling noise.
As with percolators, the pot should not be left on the stove so long that the coffee boils. Ideally, with a little practice, it should be removed from the heat before it actually starts gurgling - usually, when only about half of the top chamber has been filled.
The bottom chamber (A) contains water. When heated, steam pressure pushes the water through a basket containing ground coffee (B) into the collecting chamber (C).
Your coffee maker begins to work when heat is applied to the base causing heat to build up in the lower chamber. (Many believe that the water begins to rise only when the water reaches boiling point however this is not the case). It actually works by heating the air causing it to expand and force the water through the funnel and into the upper chamber. This begins to occur at a temperature of 500C and will end at a temperature of 900C. The end result is a perfect coffee at 700C which, depending on the heat source, will be brewed in approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
Pezzetti are able to achieve this temperature by creating the ideal pressure and temperature in the lower chamber. Many imitation units are unable to achieve this ideal temperature and therefore burn the coffee before reaching the upper chamber. The end result is a burnt and bitter coffee.
TIPS and TRICKS
- For the first use, discard the coffee as it will help to eliminate foreign particles and production odours.
- Pezzetti uses only heat resistant handles, however these handles are not flame proof therefore avoid heating on high flame as it may damage the handle.
- Any type of coarse ground espresso coffee can be used. Do not use instant coffee, cocoa, fine ground coffee, or flavour extracts.
- Do not use abrasive soaps, powders or steel wool products. Never wash your percolator in the dishwasher, as it may alter the aluminium surface. For cleaning simply use water.
- Never use your coffee maker without water.
- Store away only after all items are dry to avoid calcium build up.
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*
Shipping rates and Pick-up details are as follows:
Shipping method Delivery
Spend $75 & Over Spend under $75 Standard Delivery
Local Adelaide Pick up:
151 Glynburn Road Road
FIRLE SA 5070
Times: 10am-10pm Mon-Sun
Collect on the Following
Write Your Own Review