The Shun Classic Meat Cleaver features a big, thick blade suitable for processing larger cuts of bone-in meat or breaking down whole poultry. Use it to separate spare ribs or cut a chicken down to size. Chopping beef for stew is another great use for a cleaver. The back of the blade can be used to tenderize meat as well. A cleaver comes in especially handy for chopping up meat and bones for stock, and works its magic on whole lobster as well.
The Shun Cutlery Classic knife features a VG-Max "super" steel blade core clad with 34 folded layers per side of stainless Damascus steel. The blade is ground and bead blasted to reveal the beautiful flowing pattern of the Damascus. Each side is sharpened to a 16 degree angle. It features a D-shaped Ebony PakkaWood handle, which is resin-impregnated natural hardwood designed for moisture resistance and longevity.
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony Pakkawood
- Blade length: 15cm (6 in.)
- Blade hardness: HRC 61
- Full tang 4mm rod extends to the end of the knife for ultimate balance.
- Cleaning/care: Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Origin: Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*