The chef's knife is the one knife no cook can be without. So if you like the looks of Kanso, the Shun Kanso 8-in. Chef's Knife is a must-have. This all-purpose knife is ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The 20cm length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins, and a wide variety of other foods. The Kanso Chef's Knife is based on its Asian counterpart, the gyuto. It offers a wider heel, a fairly flat profile toward the heel—perfect for push cuts—but we also gave it a little belly from mid-blade toward the tip so that it can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. The tagayasan-wood handles are slightly contoured, enabling an easy and comfortable chef's grip while cutting.
Shun Kanso 20cm Chef's Knife is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
- Contoured handle is constructed of Tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
- 60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Blade length: 20cm (8 - in)
- The razor-sharp, easy sharpening benefits of carbon steel & easier maintenance
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*