The Shun Kanso 9cm Paring Knife is a must-have for every kitchen. In a way, you can think of it as the mini version of the chef's knife because, like the chef's knife, the paring knife is quite versatile. The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It’s ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you'll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
Shun Kanso 9cm Paring Knife is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
- Contoured handle is constructed of Tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
- 60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Blade length: 9cm (3.5 - in)
- The razor-sharp, easy sharpening benefits of carbon steel & easier maintenance
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*
Shipping rates and Pick-up details are as follows:
Shipping method Delivery
Spend $75 & Over Spend under $75 Standard Delivery
Local Adelaide Pick up:
151 Glynburn Road Road
FIRLE SA 5070
Times: 10am-10pm Mon-Sun
Collect on the Following
Write Your Own Review