The Shun Kanso 18cm Hollow-Ground Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired chef's knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. In fact, some people even prefer it to a chef’s knife. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Kanso Santoku is very easy to maneuver—even in a smaller kitchen. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which just adds to the knife's versatility. We think you’ll find that this distinctive kitchen knife works beautifully and fits your hand like a glove. As easy to use as a chef's knife, the santoku is especially well suited to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut). Many cooks swear by their santoku for easy food preparation and top performance.
The Shun Kanso 18cm Hollow-Ground Santoku is part of the Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
- Contoured handle is constructed of Tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
- 60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Blade length: 18cm (7 - in)
- The razor-sharp, easy sharpening benefits of carbon steel & easier maintenance
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
Shipping rates and Pick-up details are as follows:
Shipping method Delivery
Spend $75 & Over Spend under $75 Standard Delivery
Local Adelaide Pick up:
151 Glynburn Road Road
FIRLE SA 5070
Times: 10am-10pm Mon-Sun
Collect on the Following
Write Your Own Review