In size, the Shun Kanso 15cm Utility Knife is between a chef’s knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. It's perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Some cooks like to use it in their hand, too—almost like a large paring knife or petty knife. Others like its smaller size as an alternative to the chef’s knife. Its very slightly curved belly enables it to do moderate rocking cuts. It’s nimble enough to peel an onion in hand, then slice it up in short order. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
The Shun Kanso 15cm Utility Knife is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
- Contoured handle is constructed of Tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
- 60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Blade length: 15cm (6 - in)
- The razor-sharp, easy sharpening benefits of carbon steel & easier maintenance
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*
Shipping rates and Pick-up details are as follows:
Shipping method Delivery
Spend $75 & Over Spend under $75 Standard Delivery
Local Adelaide Pick up:
151 Glynburn Road Road
FIRLE SA 5070
Times: 10am-10pm Mon-Sun
Collect on the Following
Write Your Own Review