Bialetti is the world's largest manufacturer of domestic coffee makers.
In 1933, Bialetti produced the first Moka Express Stove-top Espresso Maker - a simple yet delicious way to make coffee. Now it is estimated that somewhere in the region of 120 million cups of coffee are made every day using this design of coffee maker.
Supremely stylish, this Moka coffee maker from Bialetti brings their most iconic piece to the induction hob.
The Moka Induction 6 cup retains the classic design elements of the original Moka Express, including its familiar and distinctive octagonal design, with an elegant blend of high quality and functional materials. The top is crafted from aluminium to preserve the delicious coffee aroma, while the boiler and funnel are made from durable steel and the handle and knob are coated with soft-touch silicone for safe use.
- Designed in Italy
- Body made from top quality stainless steel and polished aluminium
- Suitable for use on all cook tops including induction
- Stay-in-cool Bakelite handle and knob
- Safety Valve
- Ergonomically designed
- Hand wash in warm water only
- Care and use Instructions on Box
- 6 cups = approx. 360ml of espresso coffee
Your Bialetti coffee maker begins to work when heat is applied to the base causing heat to build up in the lower chamber. (Many believe that the water begins to rise only when the water reaches boiling point however this is not the case). It actually works by heating the air causing it to expand and force the water through the funnel and into the upper chamber. This begins to occur at a temperature of 500C and will end at a temperature of 900C. The end result is a perfect coffee at 700C which, depending on the heat source, will be brewed in approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
Bialetti are able to achieve this temperature by creating the ideal pressure and temperature in the lower chamber. Many imitation units are unable to achieve this ideal temperature and therefore burn the coffee before reaching the upper chamber. The end result is a burnt and bitter coffee.
Bialetti uses food grade certified Aluminium which many competitor products around the world simply don’t have.
TIPS and TRICKS
- Bialetti is the only coffee maker in the world which has 8 sides. Many others imitations have 10 or more proving that they are not the genuine article!
- For the first use, discard the coffee as it will help to eliminate foreign particles and production odours.
- Bialetti uses only heat resistant handles, however these handles are not flame proof therefore avoid heating on high flame as it may damage the handle.
- Any type of coarse ground espresso coffee can be used. Do not use instant coffee, cocoa, fine ground coffee, or flavour extracts.
- Do not use abrasive soaps, powders or steel wool products. Never wash your percolator in the dishwasher, as it may alter the aluminium surface. For cleaning simply use water.
- Genuine seals will ensure that Bialetti preserves its quality and creates that perfect coffee.
- Never use your Bialetti without water.
- Store away only after all items are dry to avoid calcium build up.
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*