The Shun Premier 18cm Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired chef's knife. "Santoku" means "three virtues." Depending on who you ask, this relates either to the three types of food with which it works exceptionally well—vegetables, proteins, and fruit—or to the three types of cuts at which it excels: slicing, dicing and chopping. In truth, a santoku is a knife of many talents. Some cooks prefer a santoku to a chef's knife. Your choice depends on how the knife feels in your hand and how it works for you. The slight belly curve enables the cook to rock the blade slightly and makes this santoku as easy to use as a chef's knife. It is especially well suited to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut) and many cooks swear by their santoku for top performance.
- Hand-hammered tsuchime finish prevents food from sticking to the blade and creates a striking look
- Each handcrafted knife requires at least 100 steps to complete
- Core of proprietary VG-MAX super steel is clad on both sides with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel
- Contoured pakkawood handle allows both a professional-style pinch grip and a trigger grip
- Stainless steel end caps add stability and strength and helps balance the weight of the blade
- Blade is hand sharpened to a razor-sharp 16° double-beveled edge
- Includes a tasteful box that’s great for storage or gift giving
- Manufacturer: Shun
- 18cm Blade
- Material: Stainless steel, pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Your order will be despatched within 1-2 business days (Mon-Fri). Your parcel will be delivered by either Australia Post or a Courier service during normal business hours.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will provide you with a tracking number and a link to track your order.
If you require Express Postage, please select this at checkout.
*For some bulky items and Remote/Rural locations Express Shipping is not available*